Monday 18 October 2010

PJ Harvey =]

We researched PJ Harvey as she has a similar genre of music and lyrics, to the song we are using, 'Girl with one eye.' This is her official website. She writes her own song lyrics which are quite dark and serious. This is very similar to Florence + the machine.









 

 

 

 

THE DEVIL

As soon as I am left alone
the Devil wanders into my soul
and I pretend to myself.
I pretend to myself.
I go out to the old mile-stone
insanely expecting
you to come there, knowing
that I wait for you there.
That I wait for you there.
Come, come
come here at once!
Come, come
on a night with no moon,
because
all of my being is now in pining.
What formerly cheered me,
now seems insignificant.
Insignificant.

Here are the lyrics to one of her songs, they show a dark and moving song, similar to Florence, as they both write their own music. They have similar vibes and interesting music, and the instruments add to the effect of the song with guitars and drums. Her album covers are really original, and she is also has a split screen shot one which is the type of effect we want as the back cover to our digipack. Both have the same genre of music and just listening to their lyrics means you can create images in your mind as it was easy for us to analyse Florence's lyrics and create a narrative for the music video.
This is an album cover from PJ Harvey. This is where we got the idea of having a split shot, although hers is of the same person in different colours, it gave us the idea to split our album cover having a split screen of the two sisters. However instead of using this idea for the digipack it has now been used for our poster, making it look like a torn picture instead of just a split screen.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment